14 Aug Choosing your child’s Kore Wobble Chair
Here’s a quick guide for choosing the right size of wobble chair for your child.
- Have your child stand up straight with both feet flat on the floor. If your child will be wearing shoes for the most part while sitting, then have him/her where the same shoes while measuring.
- Measure from the floor to the back of the knee at the point where it bends. This does not have to be an exact measurement, but try to get to the closest 1/2″ (1 cm) increment.
- Choose the wobble chair the next size up from that measurement. For example, if you child’s floor-to-knee measurement is about 11″, then the 12″ Pre-School Wobble Chair may be suitable. When seated, the child’s leg should be bent at slightly more than a 90-degree angle with both feet flat on the floor.
Please keep in mind this is a general guideline, and the preferred size may depend on several factors:
- child’s overall height, and whether or not a growth spurt is anticipated;
- child’s weight; and/or
- child’s sitting style and overall comfort.
Click here to see the different Kore wobble chairs sizes available.